Google’s Zeitgeist 2013 – still somewhat out of it
For the last few years in late December google has done a cute video of what people search. i started last year using this as an indication of how out of it i am as contrasted with folks who are watching the media more closely. So here are this years top searched terms.
As was true last year, just under half of these i had never heard of (Paul Walker, Cory Monteith, Harlem Shake, Adrian Peterson) . But i am not really embarrassed by this pop culture failing. The Fast and Furious film series i am convinced are safely skippable. The popular TV show Glee is similarly uncompelling to me. The only thing about the Harlem Shake which is interesting to me is elements of why it became so popular so quickly (the memetic structure of it) . i could care less about football.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- An Action Everyday September 23, 2020
- Why Maine? August 23, 2020
- All Eyes on Georgia July 15, 2020
- A Convenient Catastrophe June 26, 2020
- Tulsa is calling Hackers June 19, 2020
- Finding your Origin Myth June 12, 2020
- June is the Floyd Uprising June 2, 2020
- Facebook anarchist collective simulator May 26, 2020
- Story Telling Workshop Today 8 PM April 27, 2020