Google’s Zeitgeist 2013 – still somewhat out of it
For the last few years in late December google has done a cute video of what people search. i started last year using this as an indication of how out of it i am as contrasted with folks who are watching the media more closely. So here are this years top searched terms.
As was true last year, just under half of these i had never heard of (Paul Walker, Cory Monteith, Harlem Shake, Adrian Peterson) . But i am not really embarrassed by this pop culture failing. The Fast and Furious film series i am convinced are safely skippable. The popular TV show Glee is similarly uncompelling to me. The only thing about the Harlem Shake which is interesting to me is elements of why it became so popular so quickly (the memetic structure of it) . i could care less about football.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Vacancies in Paradise (big asterisk) August 14, 2019
- The Words You Don’t Know Might Help You July 5, 2019
- Paths to Ignition June 29, 2019
- An unexpected path to quinks June 24, 2019
- Rainbow versus Burning Man June 10, 2019
- Getting the Band Back Together June 3, 2019
- May is Quink Fair! Forming May 24, 2019
- Temple of Oracles May 22, 2019
- Craft Weaves Together May 19, 2019