Sadly not Ello
i want a Facebook alternative. i have been talking and writing about this for years. Some folks pointed me towards Ello and asked if i thought it might fit the bill. At first glance the propaganda seemed right, but the functionality was a bit thin.
Then it turns our that they have taken $425K in venture capital funding. This is the kiss of death. VCs need at least 20 to 1 return on investment for their successful projects and they usually get this by having tremendous control over the running of the start up. The chances that the VCs will let this be an ad free/user driven social network are vanishingly small.
There is clearly a demand for an alternative to Facebook. This is just not the answer.
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Temple of Oracles May 22, 2019
- Craft Weaves Together May 19, 2019
- Bye Cam April 27, 2019
- April is #ReleaseTheReport April 4, 2019
- Digital Iron Lips February 26, 2019
- School? December 14, 2018
- Camping with Rachel December 7, 2018
- GivingTuesday – Rustling Roots November 27, 2018
- Mega development in Louisa November 23, 2018