Join the Air Team for Georgia
It is cliché to say “the internet has changed everything”, yet it is foolish to not examine how these changes should translate into changes in our behavior. For the Georgia Senate Runoff campaign, thinking about how folks far from us might use the internet to help is a daily occurrence. Here are our current ideas:
- Basic social media support. The easiest and cheapest way you can support us is to post things on social media. We would love for you to post our fundraiser but if you have any connection to Georgia at all, what would be really great would be for you to post the link to info about Free Rides to the Polls, printable flyers, resources for voters, and other voter support information.
- Help us find volunteers. We are working with a growing group of in state volunteers to distribute information about free rides to the polls. These volunteers fall generally into two groups. Partisans who want to be publicizing ways to get Warnock to win and non-partisans (often affiliated with churches) who want to just provide public information encouraging folks to get to the polls and how to get there for free. We provide both pro-Warnock and non-partisan resources when publicizing free rides
- Share our materials with people in Georgia. We can organize volunteers to put up flyers, hand out info for free rides, and remind people to vote- but you’re welcome to do so independently as well. We provide print-ready files for posters, flyers, and business cards on our website here. Currently those materials are available in English and Spanish, and we’ll be adding other languages as they become available. Speaking of translations…
- Translations– In 2020 we translated runoff voting materials into more than a dozen languages. While we likely won’t surpass that number this year, we’d certainly like to try! And if you have good contacts with language groups in Georgia, we would love your help with distributing translations via social media. If you’re interested in translating then something either comment on this blog post or get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a dispatcher. Some of the rideshare groups we are working with don’t use Uber or Lyft, but instead dispatch volunteer drivers to get people to the polls. This means calling and checking people are ready for their rides and making sure drivers can keep their connections or get usefully re-assigned.
- Hustle money for us. I know it is uber boring, but we still find that every dollar which comes in helps us do more things to get people the polls*. And our team is still expanding (with Zi arriving yesterday). Here is the GoFundMe link which you should send to that rich relative of yours who always talks about how people should do something to stop the Trump madness, well now would be a great time them to do something. Please post GFM link on your own social media, you would might be surprised how generous and engaged your friends are.
* And for our donors who are reading this as part of an update, we are especially grateful for your support. We launch these efforts unsure we can pull the money together to cover all our costs and we have been very happy with the response. Thanks for taking a chance with us, it looks like it is going to pay off. Record early voting, record young people turn out, tremendous enthusiasm for the campaign.
Tags: Flip Project 2022
About paxusa funologist, memeticist and revolutionary. Can be found in the vanity bin of Wikipedia and in locations of imminent calamity. buckle up, there is going to be some rough sledding.
- Call For Presenters: Communities Conference June 6, 2023
- Bye Daniel May 3, 2023
- More Political Predictions April 4, 2023
- Unsurprising Community Anarchists April 2, 2023
- March is Trump Indicted March 11, 2023
- Arlo’s Insights February 24, 2023
- NY Times article on Ira February 6, 2023
- The Thursday Problem – why we can’t slow down December 2, 2022
- Join the Air Team for Georgia November 30, 2022