It is so easy to be misunderstood.
Some months back i wrote a post about why i think Burning Man is significant funologically. It outlined a number of aspects of the festival which i think are important (from dust storms in which you safely lose control, to the replication of the theme of the event at regional burns across the country and around the world). I was quickly challenged to put out my critique of the festival, which i have had my own run ins with and i have a lot of constructive (i think) criticism for. I called this post The Dark Side of Burning Man.
As fate would have it, the critique got reposted a number of times and this week, because of these reposting and presumably because the festival is just about to start, traffic to my blog is way up.
If you have never been to a Burning Man event, consider going to a regional festival (which is much more accessible and cheaper) and seeing if you like it. i encourage you to consider these events, because they have a significant chance of touching something within you which makes you see the world differently.
- Vacancies in Paradise (big asterisk) August 14, 2019
- The Words You Don’t Know Might Help You July 5, 2019
- Paths to Ignition June 29, 2019
- An unexpected path to quinks June 24, 2019
- Rainbow versus Burning Man June 10, 2019
- Getting the Band Back Together June 3, 2019
- May is Quink Fair! Forming May 24, 2019
- Temple of Oracles May 22, 2019
- Craft Weaves Together May 19, 2019